On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 03:38:17PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
> >>By commenting on Apache::TieBucketBrigade I was trying to
> >>reserve that or a similar namespace for the modperl core. So later there
> >>would be no collision/confusion.
> >
> >oh, I didn't get that from your comment.  anyway, if something like that
> >ever makes it into core it probably ought to be in the APR namespace, so I
> >guess we're safe :)
>
> Yup, which also shows that the Apache::TieBucketBrigade name is a wrong
> name, since it's an APR feature and not Apache's one.
>
> But if it's already implemented, nothing stops us from putting it into the
> core as it is (in perl) and then port it to C when we get time. Or may be
> 'mock' will want to do that ;)

I was about to release a new version of TieBucketBrigade with a proper test
suite, now that I've kinda figured out Apache::Test (thanks for the pointers
Stas, I knew I was missing something).  Is there a different namespace I
should use? or shall I just go ahead and drop the code and hope it all sorts
itself out later?  As for a C port, I may get to that if I have enough
time + motivation, but it's a little outside the scope of the project
I'm working on, so I don't know if I'll get to it.  I'll race you ;).

Speaking of namespace, unless someone comes up with something better, I'm going
to continue using Apache::SMTP.  I'm reasonably ok with Apache::Protocol::SMTP,
or something of similar size, but any deeper than that and it's going to get
stupid when I try to attach something like Mail::Audit to it.
Apache::Net::Server::Mail::SMTP::Mail::Audit::PGP or something of the like is
just aesthetically sucky.  So, suggestions please?

mock