Perrin Harkins a écrit :

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 10:55, Frank Wiles wrote:

 I agree mod_perl needs more PR.  I think we've got a great community
 of people to help on the mailing list, tons of great documentation,
 but lack in several areas:

1) PR announcements in general (When is the last time you saw mod_perl
in the press?) 2) Online and magazine articles about mod_perl 3) HOWTOs on specific subjects
4) Small application examples with developer commentary.

These are really two different things. The first two are more about getting the word out while the second two are about helping people with practical coding issues. We are well-equipped to handle the second two right here, but the first two might require some help from other groups.

In particular, I would say it's a mistake to think that mod_perl
specifically needs PR. There is no important difference between
promoting mod_perl and promoting Perl in general. That's why I think
this sort of thing should be pursued through The Perl Foundation, rather
than as some sort of separate splinter group.

yes and not
you know, lot of leader says perl (in cgi of course, but they dont known mod perl) is so slow.
so they use php or java or ...
says mod_perl is really fast (i make a joke in my company, i said i have put off my atlhon 1 GHZ and get an xeon precessor, all saids 'whaow', in fact i just use mod_perl in the same computer)
geve a complete idiot installation and sample application demonstration (maybe an rpm in /usr/local/httpd_modperl on port 8080 ... like tomcat's sample)
and after you could says, it perl
you can learn/use perl for your script, you system and you web, you xml application, ...

i dont understand why the apache fondation dont talk more about perl (whitch is faster) but always of java/xml.

it's just my point of view.
Arnaud.