Gerald Richter wrote:
Stas (or anybody else)

It so appears that in the last few years we get less and less
mod_perl talks and tutorials at the big (non-YAPC) conferences.

Do you know how many talks / tutorials were submitted ?

I don't have that information. if you remember in the previous years some of us were asked to help choose the talks. In the last few years we are no longer asked to do so.

Asking the other way round: Was it a problem of to less submissions or that
the submissions didn't got accepted?

I have submitted a tutorial about mod_perl and security, but it wasn't
accepted. Since security is not so very special, I guess it was not
accepted, because the oscon people didn't expect so much interest in
mod_perl?

As I'm not involved with the committee that makes the decisions I can't tell. But I do know a few folks that have submitted talks and they weren't accepted. I know last year I submitted a tutorial and a talk, and only the tutorial was accepted. This year I didn't even bother to submit a talk proposal. I suppose other people get discouraged too and submit less. I could be wrong, as this is all handwaving.