> however, it's not as simple as renaming everything Apache2::*.  why?  it
> just doesn't scale well.  for example, there are _already_ compat issues
> between mod_perl for Apache 2.1/2.2 and Apache2.0, so right away we would
> need Apache2::* for modules that use the Apache 2.0 API and Apache2.2::*
> for
> those that use the 2.2 API.  then perhaps Apache3::* someday, etc...

I don't really see what the problem is with that.  C libraries seem to do
it that way without too much trouble.  What would be the harm in having
Apache2_2:: and Apache3:: and Apache27:: etc.?  It's no worse than saying
"I want Apache::Foo, but from the 2.2 distribution."  Is the fear that it
will be too confusing to users?

- Perrin