On Mar 2, 2015, at 9:35 PM, David E. Wheeler <da...@justatheory.com> wrote:

>    PerlLoadModule My::UserFixup
>    <Location />
>        PerlFixupHandler  My::UserFixup
>        AuthType          Basic
>        AuthName          "User File Service"
>        Require           valid-user
>    </Location>

I managed to get a little further by switching from PerlFixupHandler to
PerlTypeHandler. I still get some 404s for files, but all the directories serve
properly. As it happens, I have a response handler that handles directory
requests, but it declines file requests. I assume, then, that the default
Apache response handler doesn’t know that I’ve updated the filename. Is there
some way to get it to do that?

Thanks,

David