On Mar 3, 2015, at 2:27 PM, David E. Wheeler <da...@justatheory.com> wrote:

> And now I got it to work. The key was to add.
>
>    PerlMapToStorageHandler Apache2::Const::OK
>
> Otherwise it just fails super early. By adding this line, I am able to freely
> set the filename later.

Alas, this does *not* work for directory requests, just files. Directories
return 404. Is there some other attribute other than filename and finfo I need
to set so that, when I decline a request, Apache will find the directory and
use mod_autoindex to display it? It does do so if I remove the above
PerlMapToStorageHandler statement, so there must be some crucial attribute that
needs settings for it to find a directory, right?

Thanks,

David