On Mar 11, 2015, at 10:39 AM, Lathan Bidwell <lat...@andrews.edu> wrote:

> That is very curious. What was in path_info before? Is this a difference
> between undef and ""? Because path_info shouldn't be involved in finding the
> file, unless Apache is configured to ignore path info. And even that doesn't
> make sense because you weren't testing with /foo/bar.html/extra/pathinfo

If I requested /foo/bar/hi.html, filename would be /foo/bar and path_info would
be /hi.html. It might be that Apache decided to do something funky here because
its map to storage handler could not find $docroot/foo/bar/hi.html, and it’s
only later that my PerlTypeHandler sets the file to
$docroot/$user/foo/bar/hi.html.

> You could also check how this directive affects the problem (whether it
> should be turned off, or if your handler needs accept / deny the path info as
> with the 'default' argument:
> AcceptPathInfo On
> I found this on apache 2.4's docs:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#AcceptPathInfo

No idea, I’m loathe to mess with it anymore.

David