Getopt::RSE or some variant if you want to people to be able to find it
easily...

-----Original Message-----
From: martyn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Martyn J.
Pearce
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 2:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: New module; Exec-RSE?

Dear module authors,

I hgave a new module to upload, but am more than a little unsire about the
appropriate name.

The module is a set of Resources for Standard Executables.  It's a bit like
GetOptions on steroids; indeed, it is a large user of Getopt::Long,
Pod::Usage, and Log::Info.

It provides a way for executables to quickly and easily set up option
handling, with a number of standard options, which also provide
self-documentation (e.g., --help, --man options), and options for
controlling
the output (via Log::Info).  The Getopt::Long is configured, and the calling
sequence for arguments is controlled in one place.

In this way, all executables using this module perform in a standard way,
documentation (e.g. for options) is kept in one place (I was frustated
duplicating it), description for general option-handling semantics is kept
in
one place, etc.

This module is not mere theory; it has been used extensively & successfully
at
my place of work for some time now.

So, as a starting strawman, I propose Exec::, since it is for executables,
RSE, as in Resources for Standard Executables.  Hence, Exec-RSE.

Does anybody have a better suggestion?

Mx.