On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 08:46:25AM -0500, Christopher Hicks wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Hugh S. Myers wrote:
>
> > Clever of you to miss the point entirely. That being to put it in the
> > GetOpt namespace---the rest is up to the author...
>
> Clever of you to miss that I did get your point entirely.  :)  I agreed
> with you which is why I made my example in the GetOpt space.  I read an
> article recently talking about not using strange acronyms in module names
> and that's why I commented.  I responded to your e-mail since I was trying
> to build on what you had correctly pointed out!  Sorry for not making that
> clearer.
>
> "RSE" just makes me think of some strange IBM acronym.  VERA gives us
> "Removable Storage Elements" and "Research and Systems Engineering" as
> previous uses for RSE.  Who could guess the difference between GetOpt::RSE
> and GetOpt::JCL?

Okay, points on both parts of the names well recieved.  I thought of 'Exec'
because, in my mind, the module goes beyond Getopt, but on review, it's not
*that* far beyond, and it's probably better to stick with an existing
namespace anyway.

Again, the point about the acronym makes sense.  I am, of course, too close to
the trees.  StdResource feels a little over-general, but I lack a better idea,
so...

Cheers for the ideas,

Mx.