: If you can get the source then why bother putting it on a
    : server, wrapping it
    : in SOAP and calling it remotely?

For the same reason why one would want to write a library to access W3C.

    :
    : F
    :
    : On Tuesday 28 October 2003 20:15, Sherzod Ruzmetov wrote:
    : > Here is what you should do.
    : >
    : > You need to download the source code of the actual
    : validator that W3C uses
    : > and
    : > design a SOAP interface for the script. You can get
    : this job done very
    : > easily with
    : > SOAP::Lite.
    : >
    : > You can then either contact the W3C validator team and
    : get it hosted on
    : > their server,
    : > or host it on your own box.
    : >
    : > Then, you will need to write a very simply CPAN module
    : using same
    : > SOAP::Lite,
    : > may be with about 20 lines of code to talk to your SOAP server.
    : >
    : > Final interface of your module may look something like:
    : >
    : >         use W3C::Validator::Markup;
    : >         my $val = new W3C::Validator::Markup();
    : >         $val->validate($markup_as_string);
    : >
    : >         if ( $val->is_valid() ) {
    : >                 print "Good job!\n";
    : >                 if ( $val->warnings ) {
    : >                         print "There are some minor
    : warnings though\n";
    : >                 }
    : >         } else {
    : >                 print "Nah, doesn't validate. Because...\n";
    : >                 while ( my $errobj = $val->errors ) {
    : >                         printf "Line %d, column: %d: %s\n\t",
    : > $errobj->line_number, $errobj->col_number, $errobj->line;
    : >                         print "Description: %s\n",
    : $errobj->description()
    : >
    : >         $val->finish(); # <-- free up the buffer
    : >
    : >
    : > --
    : > sherzod