From: Christopher Hicks [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> All of this presumes that the effort required to install the validator
> locally is near zero.  I just went out to look and it honestly doesn't
> look too hard to make work, but neither did their css validator which I
> gave up on getting installed locally because of fighting with all of the
> Java garbage.  YMMV.

I have no idea but yes it looked easy and they claim it works on a wide
variety of systems (including HP-UX).

> Even if the HTML validator is easy to get going that doesn't mean that it
> still isn't often easier to not install it.  Honestly I could see using
> this module when working on things at remote sites.  It'd certainly be
> easier to get the original poster's module installed than trying to figure
> out whether OpenSP compiles on HP-UX or wait a month for my client to
> approve adding software to their production linux system.  When working
> with a few TLA US goverment agencies the "mean time from begging to
> getting actual software installed" is about ten months.

Fair points except in this case you wouldn't be doing your clients any
favours by making their production servers depend on a webservice that has
no specified interface and no promises about availability.

http://mail2web.com/ .