----- Original Message ----

> From: David Nicol <davidni...@gmail.com>
>
> you could put the word "corpus" in there somewhere, since you're
> publishing some test data. For others to use it, who might be looking
> for test data, that's what a corpus is in test data jargon (i
> believe.)
>
> Test::Corpus::audio::mpd
>
> would set an example of publishing test data to CPAN under the
> Test::Corpus prefix.

++!

You know, I never did like this idea of publishing test data to the CPAN, but I
ever dislike even more the idea of people stretching it for legitimate uses.
The Test::Corpus:: namespace is lovely.  If you publish there and folks are
reasonably happy with this, let us know and I'll post some stuff to my blog and
Perl-QA to get others to know about this namespace (and potentially use it).

If these corpuses (corpi?) can also guarantee a stable interface, we may even
be able to guarantee common sets of test data which different *developers* can
use, not just modules.  To that end, how would we guarantee a stable interface
which people could trust, or be able to quickly bail out or skip if there's an
incompatible change?

Cheers,
Ovid
--