--On Monday, November 11, 2002 9:51 AM +0000 Aled Treharne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The last two have the correct values in them when I log in, but *only*
for the page following me logging in. Some more fiddling shows that no
matter what user/pass I type in, it accepts it for the first page, but
then forgets it....WTF??

Is the clock set correctly on both your Mon server and your workstation? (Including the timezone being correct?)

If they are incorrect, your browser may be expiring the cookie automatically when it receives it. (Since cookie expiration times are absolute, not relative. If the server says the cookie should expire at 12:15 GMT, but your system believes it is already 12:20 GMT, it will happily drop the cookie on the floor.)

-David

David Nolan <*> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
curses: May you be forced to grep the termcap of an unclean yacc while
a herd of rogue emacs fsck your troff and vgrind your pathalias!