[SNIP]

> Since cookie value, username and password are blank, as read
> by mon.cgi from
> the cookie contents, TF is, you have either a problem with:

Hi Andrew, thanks for your mail.

Apologies, my explanation was poor. They're blank until I login, at
which time username and cleartext pass hold the correct values - cookie
value and crypt'd passwd are still blank. Once I change to the next
page, or when the page refreshes, it goes back to being blank then.

[SNIP]
> So, try a couple of different browsers on a couple of
> different machines. If
> they all failed, I'd be very surprised. Every piece of
[SNIP]

Prepare to be surprised.  :)

IE6 on Windows 2000, Konqueror on Debian, Mozilla on debian,
Communicator on RH7.2 and RH8 all show the same.

I'm thinking that this is something to do with the server, since I've
used mon.cgi without a hitch before.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be setting up a clean install of apache from
source (no strange debian/redhat packages) on a RH7.3 box and seeing
where that takes me. If it works fine then I'll uninstall the debian
apache package and install it from source on my machine.

Thanks for your help.

Aled.

--
Aled Treharne - Technical Solutions Advisor - Frontier Internet Services
Ltd