Hi Bill,

How can you live with so little actual storage space?

My M15 has a deep sail locker on the Port side - followed by my
rectangular hatch for access to the inside of the transom.

The hatch that I installed has positive locking.  I can't put a hasp on
it, but it has a 90 degree turn-to-lock fastener, and there is no danger
of it ever opening inadvertently.

I had the shallow locker on the Starboard side, and I cut around the
upper lip of the shallow locker and made it removable, to make use of the
storage space that was under the locker.

Big improvement!

I too keep the weight out of the stern.  

All I store all the way aft are the light bulky items:  fenders; cleaning
bucket and materials.

Heavier items, like anchor, chain and rode live as far forward in the
Port sail locker as they will go.

The aim is to keep the transom from dragging through the water when
sailing.

To improve the trim of the boat, I am going to install a small battery in
the forward compartment, where my big anchor resides.  
This will give me unlimited power for my CD player and for running the
GPS as a knot meter all the time.  

I know I could buy a ton of AA batteries for the cost of the battery and
the electrical panel, but what the heck, it's only money........... and I
buy convenience!

Connie

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to