----- Original Message ----- From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 10:16 AM Subject: Re: M_Boats: Boarding Ladder
> Hi Bill, > > After reading all the stories about the problems of installing a lift > motor mount in an M15, I decided to do it the easy way and cut an access > hole and install a port. > > What I did was install a rectangular access hatch between the aft end of > the sail locker and the end of the cockpit. > > It gave me excellent access to the area of the stern where I installed a > backing plate (plywood) and then the Fulton lift motor mount. > > From reading other postings, a smaller round hatch would probably have > done the job as well, however: > > how do you install a backing plate through a 8 inch diameter hole? > > Isn't it a lot easier to work through a larger area? > > My large hatch now give me a second sail locker for access to items stuck > all the way aft. I keep my fenders there; my cleaning bucket and > cleaning materials; and I find it a big improvement, because formerly all > those items lived in the same space but were hard to get. > > Now it is just open the lid and reach in.............. > > I don't remember exactly whose hatch I picked, but WEST Page 467 - Bomar > Inspection Hatches - Model 411597 10 1/4" x 14 1/4" flange OD will give > you the idea. > > My feeling was: if I am going to have to cut an access hole to do the > motor mount installation, then let's increase utility by making it > another sail locker lid. > > Connie > > M15 #400 LEPPO > > _______________________________________________ > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
