Peter,

If you have an unmodified tiller, the "Tiller Tamer" will also allow you to use Connie's method of raising the main, or performing other brief chores.

Bill Day
M-15 #366

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Peter,

I use a Forespar Tiller Extension (with a box in the cockpit side to hold
the knob).

With the tiller locked and the Honda at idle I can keep the bow in the
wind long enough for me to go to the mast and raise the main.

I sail most of the time by myself.    Some sort of tiller holding device
is your first priority, because there is no way you can hold the tiller
and raise the main at the same time.

So head into the wind: lock the tiller in that position; and you will
have ample time to raise the main before you start to fall off.

I raise the jib from the cockpit.

Connie
M15  #400

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats






_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to