For an even a lower tech solution for short term tiller locking,  I stretch
a single piece of bungee cord between the stern cleats.  Then a couple of
turns of the bungee looped around the tiller handle holds the rudder in
place.

Don, M-15, Dream Catcher


> [Original Message]
> From: Gary M. Hyde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2/4/2004 9:39:10 PM
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: M15 Jib, Main and Tiller Lock
>
> Tom:
> I like your idea too. email a picture?
> --Gary
> On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 08:54 AM, Smith, Tom wrote:
>
> > Peter, I use a real low tech tiller lock on my M15.  Uses a jam cleat 
> > on the bottom of the tiller to capture a line connected to two bungee 
> > loops that connect to the stern cleats on either side.  Works real 
> > well.  Email me off line if you want to know more.  t
> >
> > Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
> > Sandpoint, Idaho
> > M15-345, Chukar
> > M17-064, Unnamed
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Peter Deffenbacher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 11:25 PM
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: M_Boats: M15 Jib, Main and Tiller Lock
> >
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Tom S, Steve R, Bill R, Randy G.
> > I think that on my boat I will start with the tiller lock because I 
> > have
> > been there with a 20 MPH wind blowing and trying to set the sails with
> > the tiller loose!  The rudder will go the wrong way!  I am thinking 
> > that
> > a Tiller Lock from WM would be the best to start with.  Does anyone 
> > have
> > any more advice?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Peter D
> > Peanut M15
> >
> >
>



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to