Peter,

I think Tom's bungee system may be the best, in some respects.  Like Connie,
I use the Forespar extension with tiller lock box.  There are advantages to
the extension and lock box, but there is also value in having some stretch
in the system.  

The M15 is very sensitive to weight distribution.  In light to moderate,
steady conditions, I can lock the tiller, stand in the companionway and lean
to port or starboard to make small course adjustments.   Keep that in mind
because whatever you use to hold the rudder, short of an autopilot or wind
vane, you will need to keep an eye on where she's headed and be ready to
respond. 

Bill Riker      
M15 #184
Storm Petrel

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Peter Deffenbacher
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 2:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M_Boats: M15 Jib, Main and Tiller Lock

Thank you,
Tom S, Steve R, Bill R, Randy G.
I think that on my boat I will start with the tiller lock because I have 
been there with a 20 MPH wind blowing and trying to set the sails with 
the tiller loose!  The rudder will go the wrong way!  I am thinking that 
a Tiller Lock from WM would be the best to start with.  Does anyone have 
any more advice?
Thanks in advance,
Peter D
Peanut M15






_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to