I have a tiller tamer and like it. I end up going clear up on the forward deck to clear a fouled line (or even re-attach a loose forestay!) while the tamer keeps the boat on course. I wouldn't single-hand either boat without something similar. (Sometimes need to go make coffee or use the head too.)
--Gary Hyde
M15 #235 'Vanilla'
N24 'Sailabration'
On Tuesday, February 3, 2004, at 11:25 PM, Peter Deffenbacher wrote:
Thank you,
Tom S, Steve R, Bill R, Randy G.
I think that on my boat I will start with the tiller lock because I have been there with a 20 MPH wind blowing and trying to set the sails with the tiller loose! The rudder will go the wrong way! I am thinking that a Tiller Lock from WM would be the best to start with. Does anyone have any more advice?
Thanks in advance,
Peter D
Peanut M15
_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
