"I don't mean to sound harsh, but AOL is creating
e-mail problems for a lot of people (not just MoPo).
It's time their customers complained long and loud."

This is spot on. The best advice, seeing as how it's
unlikely AOL will solve this problem, is to just sign
up for a yahoo mail account. The issue will disappear.
It's not just with MoPo that this problem exists.

http://mail.yahoo.com