JR is completely right about the burden of proof and responsibility...that the
burden of proof is not with the buyer but with the seller.

I haven't sold any of the fakes but if I did unknowingly as others have done,
it's my responsibility to make it right with my client, the buyer.  I would
refund their money in full, including shipping and I would deal with whomever I
got the piece from.  That's the right thing to do and the way I've always done
business...not that I've ever had to do anything exactly like this, especially
since 99.99% of what I sell, I own.

A client and friend paid $50,000.00 for a DRACULA Title Card from a collector.
After he received it, he didn't like the restoration that was done to it and
asked for his money back.  The person refused to give him his money back and
after a while, stopped taking my client's phone calls.  Subsequently, my client
found out the DRACULA Title Card was a fake.

If I had sold this piece, I would have refunded his money immediately,
including shipping both ways and then dealt with the person I got the piece
from, but that's me.

Todd