From: Richard Halegua Comic Art <sa...@comic-art.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Fri, 23 April, 2010 4:43:27 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] AW: [MOPO] Memories of MoPo Past

Richard
I can quantify it even better than Bruce's "very slim"

during the last 3 years, we have shipped about 4000 packages
about 20% of them went overseas

during those 3 years, we did lost one (1) package going to Europe
it was rather inexpensive, and of course - we just refunded or credited the
buyer - as we always do

so either the odds of a package getting lost (when well packaged as both Bruce
and myself package) are 3999-1 as measured by the total number of shipped
packages or approximately 799-1 as measured by the approximately 800 packages
we shipped overseas.

I'd say that the odds of 2 packages getting lost to overseas buyers from a
seller who shipped what I believe has to have been considerably fewer packages
than myself is incredibly long.

If the accused Al shipped 800 packages overseas as I have, the math would look
something like 800/1 x 799/1 or approximately 639,000 to 1.

I find it more likely that any seller claiming such a high loss rate didn't
ship the packages at all and just kept the money with the nefarious intention
of keeping the money AND the posters

Rich

50/50?