Customers that complain to you about "over-packing" have (obviously) never had
a package drenched in water or run over by a truck (complete with tire marks).

Don't change a thing Bruce.

pj

From: Bruce Hershenson <brucehershen...@gmail.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:04 AM
Subject: [MOPO] The flip side of people who complain we "over-pack"!

We get some complaints from people who say we "over-pack", and that we should
just use one piece of cardboard on each side and put that in a plain envelope!

On the other hand, we often read on forums like these about people who get
posters packed like this and arrive mangled.

We sell all over the world, and many of our packages travel huge distances and
get mislaid along the way, so we try to truly use "gorilla-proof" packaging.

Here is a case where it really paid off:

A customer from France contacted us that his package had gone missing. We
replied that it almost surely would turn up before too long, because in most
such cases the items are tied up in customs.

He just e-mailed to tell us the package arrived. Here is what he said:

"Somehow, somewhere in transit, the parcel must have gotten drenched in water
or something. The parcel and inner cartons were visibly damaged but thanks to
the meticulous packing you do, none of the posters got damaged. Once again I am
more than satisfied with your overall service and I look forward to buy more
and more stuff from your auctions!"

Of course the Postal Service provided him with no explanation of what occurred
(perhaps it fell out of the airplane on the way over and was fished out of the
ocean?), and no apology for drenching the package!

Bruce
--
Bruce Hershenson and the other 24 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874