There's no story here, move along

At 11:27 PM 4/18/2012, David Kusumoto wrote:
* My goodness, Dale, there are so many huge holes in your rebuttal that I could fit a freight train through each one without touching any of its sides. But why bother? In my view, you need to reboot your writing skills and come up with a debating strategy more substantial than, "what you're writing about is fire and brimstone over nothing and I personally think you just hate Heritage."

* What has Heritage done to me personally that would warrant an accusation like that from you, Dale Dilts, a person I know nothing about, who doesn't register anything on my radar at MoPo - nor do I care based solely on your inability to string words together in a way resembling intelligent thought? Your note does suggest, however, that you're ignorant of what's been published in the business sections of news sites since 2008. I've already disclosed that I've personally gained as a consignor and buyer of Heritage. I think its movie poster department is run by an a blue-chip, top-flight guy named Grey Smith, who built his operation out of nothing 10 years ago. Unlike Geraldine, I'm not a disgruntled Heritage client in any way. Or maybe you, Dale Dilts, think it's classier to observe a "gentleman's agreement" about things that seem odd, you know, keep everything under the table where it belongs, and not stir up "trouble" - that we should all just leave things with a "wink," and as you say, "move on." I hope you're not working in P.R. or in the customer relations operations of any company. Because never in a million years would I hire you. You're poison.

* BTW, did you know that your last line, "There's no story here, move on," is the CLASSIC cliché rebuttal that editors mock every day in newsrooms around the world? When ANY person utters it, it means there IS a story. Didn't you get the memo that I've been on both sides of this ugly business - and have professionally handled "conflict of interest-type stories" as a news guy - and as a P.R. guy? You really think a story about this - would NOT resonate with a news editor? Really? You're the one who's not thinking this through. And I'm sorry, but your line, "There's no story here, move on" - sounds like famous last words etched on a tombstone. You sound like Richard Nixon. -d.

----------
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:47:32 -0500
From: ddilts...@mchsi.com
Subject: Re: Potential Conflict of Interest? Is Gavel-Snipe owned by Heritage?
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

OK, I tried to put these mails on auto flush, but come on stick a pin in it, who cares.

Heritage is in the auction business last time I checked. Ebay allows people to use their API to build sniping programs because it makes bidders feel all warm and fuzzy making bids, so why shouldn’t Heritage pilot their own with a smaller user base.

These mails have really come across to me as you have a chip on your shoulder for heritage plain and simple.

Your second point makes no sense to me at all. Banks cannot own investment companies, soft drink companies cannot own a snack company. Oh my god, Disney owns ABC and ESPN and don’t forget…. Marvel Comics… the sky is falling.

There is no story here, move on.