[Andre]
> I liked your description of this process..unintended consequences...and I
> am
> just braining off the top of my head: The ' measure' or policy Govt.puts
> into place( enforces/encourages..whatever) i.e. as intellectual PoV,
> when
> put into practice i.e.'translated' into social PoV's starts to lead a
> life
> of its own and indeed develops into creating/pointing to unintended
> consequences.

Platt:
An interesting observation -- one I hadn't thought about before --
intellectual patterns intended to improve social patterns squashed by the
"Giant" and then remolded for its own purposes. Since intellectuals don't
recognize the MOQ's competing moral levels much less the power of the
Giant, they remain clueless, wondering why their carefully engineered
programs to correct the unintended consequences of their original plans are
also become disasters, ad infinitum. Case in point: the current government
bail out to correct the unintended consequences of the government housing
assistance program.

woods:
  wow.  Interesting observation indeed Andre.  Platt good point.  Brings a
whole
new understanding of "Kill intellectual patterns" I would say.  Kill
intellectual patterns
and follow dq, would be quiet mind (peaceful mind), quiet value (peaceful
value).
The quietness that Pirsig brought up and Marsha and I were recently discussing.

That's how I see this.  We will have intellectual patterns, but we are not to
get
carried away and to tie in what mel brought up, overload the social system with
all these numbing policies.  The clap-trap.  I believe mel said deliberate
overload
which is a bold statement.

maybe new thread?
one called 'Overload' or 'Clap-trap' or something

woods