----- Original Message -----
From: Platt Holden
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: MD Atomic awareness

I assume you mean by "recent arrival" the comparatively late appearance of
mankind (and its so-called "mind") on this planet.

In the meantime, welcome aboard the good ship MOQ Discuss.

Platt

Thank you very much for your kind welcome. It was much appreciated.
Yes to your question, and although the subject of mind/awareness maybe
forever contentious and complicated by terminology it's to the minds credit
when we can reach some understanding at all.
At the risk of possibly undoing that understanding, the words have come to
clarify my point a little.
The nature of practicality, that is the need to maintain static patterns and
the need for dynamism exists at every level, but the exact requirements are
not the same each level. By practicality we usually mean things which serve
our biological nature. If we see intellect as a separate entity it must have
its own 'practical' requirements. Therefore the MoQ is an intellectually
practical theory, as are artistic endeavours. Food for thought?