Hi All

Marco, I think you've hit the nail on the head here regarding this discussion. Before
discovered Pirsig and the MoQ I remember reading a quotation by Dickens (I think it
was
Dickens - if anyone knows otherwise let me know) that said something very similar:

"A Society is not to be judged by how it treats its best members but how it treats its
worst."

A measure of how civilised a society and it's people have become can be judged by how
well this principle is observed. I would personally consider both the UK and the US to
be
failing very badly in this department at the moment.

Horse