Tim,
  I'm a bit confused. Do the students read the song lyrics as well as sing
them? Do they read them first, or sing them first? Do you have recordings for
them to listen to? Would camp songs work? (I'm an old Girl Scout leader.)

  I'm not a singer, don't play an instrument, and we don't have a music teacher
at my school. I find this idea intriguing, and would like to try it with my
fourth grade students. I think it would be a great way to help them relieve
some stress in the afternoons after they finish testing. I also think it would
be something I could incorporate into morning meetings next year.

  Thanks,

Tim Rasinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   . . . Susan Homan, Marie Biggs and myself have done some interesting
work in Hillsborough County in Florida where kids were taught lyrics to
songs (actually singing the songs), 30 minutes, 3 times a week.

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org