What a nice idea!  I have three boys, I cried with number one, got misty
with number two, but by the time number three went (and we gained a car
payment in unpaid daycare costs!!!), I was dancing on the table.  Funny, I
think he and I have the closest bonds, but it was easiest letting him go.

Lori

On 8/24/07 9:11 AM, "Brown, Lisabeth L." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our school does a 'boo-hoo' breakfast.  At least, that's what the staff
> calls it.  (In our county, we have a "First Day Celebration."  All
> parents are encouraged to accompany their children to their classrooms,
> and 'hang-out' for a few minutes.  At 9:15 (1/2 hour after school has
> begun) an announcement is made, inviting ALL parents to the media center
> for donuts.  I think our PTA supplies the treats.  It seems to help get
> the parents out of our rooms and they can commiserate with other
> parents.  (It usually is the primary grades who have a harder time
> releasing their children.  Hopefully, third grade parents will be used
> to this.)

Lori Jackson
District Literacy Coach & Mentor
Todd County School District