From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:59 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] spelling lists

I hope this is not off topic, if so I apologize.  I am required to  give a
weekly spelling test.  Most of my students are getting a 100% on the
pre-test
each week so I am going to move them to a different list.

My question is:  My colleague emphatically believes that a spelling  list
MUST have a phonics rule.  Why?
What about prefixes and suffixes, root words, etc.  Those aren't  phonics
rules.  BTW, I teach third grade.
I would love to hear what others have to say.

Rosie