Here is a crazy question for everyone.  What order do you teach all of this in?
 By all of this I mean the following...
I teach comp. strat. using the Strategies That Work book.  I also do Fountas
and Pinnell's first 20 days to set up my independent reading.  However, then
the more I read Tanny's book and now this listserv I'm seeing all of these
lessons on teaching kids to think.  For example, the salad lesson or the apple
analogy that someone emailed out.  I love them, but when do I teach those
lessons?  It's always hard to figure out what to do when so that everything can
build and connect properly in the children's minds.  I'm in the middle of
connections now, plus teaching how to "buzz" effectively from F&P, and I'd love
to do the salad lesson, which I'm just going to just jump in and teach.  For
future reference I'm wondering how to do this.  Any ideas?