I do agree with this...it is crucial for me as well since I work all day
with reluctant and struggling readers in all elementary grades. My first job is

to help the kids find their passions and then hook them into reading that way.
 Where I struggle are those kids who don't seem interested in ANYTHING! No
hobbies, no interests...
Attitude and motivation IS key to all this. I do agree and actually I  assess
interest and motivation too along with their comprehension and  strategy
usage.
Jennifer
In a message dated 10/13/2007 9:08:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,