Deborah,

Are you saying that you are able to use the basal for lit circles or are you saying that you use lit circles in addition to the basal, and could you give examples of how you do lit circles when you are forced to use the basal?

I think it would be helpful for people who are forced to use basal programs to hear how others have dealt with this mandate and still manage to incorporate best practices into their programs.

Thanks!
Renee