Thanks so much!  This is my first year of teaching 8th reading, and I am
striving to gain insight where I can.

Rita

>>> evelia cadet <cadeteve...@hotmail.com> 11/29/2011 10:58 PM >>>
I have few questions about independent reading time during readers workshop, do
you always give students a task to focus on?  Is it beneficial if they just
read their books?   Do you ever join them in reading independently? Thanks.

Evelia

Sent from my Windows Phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Prater
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:47 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Mosaic Digest, Vol 60, Issue 15

For Understanding more about Dyslexia go to brightsolutions.us and a
WONDERFUL tutoring program is Barton Reading and Spelling.  As for books,
the most beneficial book I have read is Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally
Shaywitz.  BLESS YOU for looking for help.  As a mother of a dyslexic son, I
wish more teachers were like you!

Kathy in Mississippi

On Aug 20, 2011, at 7:05 AM, Rascal570 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a wonderful student in my fourth grade class this year who has a
medical diagnosis of dyslexia. I see it impacting both his reading and math
skills.  I was wondering if anyone has some great resources for me to read
or access in regard to ways to best teach this student.