Good Morning! I'm tutoring an incoming 4th grader this summer, with a
primary focus on teaching reading comprehension skills (Mosaic). We're
reading Book 1 of The Lightning Thief (an option for her school's
summer reading.) The student has been diagnosed with ADHD and seems to
be predominantly inattentive. I'm using techniques like keep
information down to essentials, taking frequent breaks and
comprehension checks while reading, asking her to repeat back
instructions, positive reinforcement, redirection, and visual aids.

I'm a new teacher, and I'm very interested in hearing what other
teachers' experiences have been in reading comprehension with this
population of learners. What worked? What didn't work?

Thanks!
Meghan Formel