jesus X wrote:

> "Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T." wrote:
> >
> > No! Top posting is the most logical way.
>
> Phil, this is a Holy War that has been raging for 20 years. DO NOT start it up
> in here. No one will win, but we'll all lose [...]

The "official" rule around here (http://www.mozilla.org/community.html)

  Edit your followups.

  Do not quote the entire content of the message to which you are replying.
  Include only as much as is necessary for context. Remember that if someone
  wants to read the original message, they can; it is easily accessible. A
  good rule of thumb is, don't include more quoted text than new text.

"Top posters" tend to ignore that guideline

-Dan Veditz