[EMAIL PROTECTED] (David W. Fenton) writes:
> Others have answered your other questions, but this one remains
> unanswered.
>
> Did you install the Security Manager? If you didn't, you won't have
> any SSL/HTTPS support.

I have not installed any security manager explicitly.

However, with 0.9.5 I bought books from amazon.com
and visited other https sites. Is it impossible to
have an secure connection without this security
manager?

I just tried 0.9.7 to an https page, and it seems it
works OK:

https://www.britishairways.com/checkin/ciLogin.jsp?gatewayurl=/&corpid=666BAC&logourl=images/blank.gif

Of course, I cannot be sure that the connection is
really secure.

The problem that you quoted, namely logging at
britishairways.com, is not an ssl issue. How come
I could log with 0.9.5? Try it, even with empty
ID and pass. The browser just does not react to
clicking the arrow ("proceed") button.

What do you think?

--
Minko Markov