[EMAIL PROTECTED] (David W. Fenton) writes:

> Mozilla 0.9.3 had worked fine, because, apparently, I'd installed
> the security manager. When I re-installed and included the security
> manager, it then worked.

It is not so apparent to me that this is the reason.
Maybe, maybe not, but the lack of error message like
"you must have the security manager installed before
proceeding" suggests the reason is something else,
most likely a bug.  I quoted an https URL that works
with 0.9.7 ==> most likely, 0.9.7 can work with
encrypted connection.

How can one check whether this security manager is
installed? I mean, it is pointless arguing about
that here, if one can check that in a second.

--
MM