David Tenser wrote:

[snip]

> I'm posting this just to verify that you really cannot do this in
> Mozilla, so I'm not missing something obvious in the settings dialogs.
> Where should I request such a feature, if it's really not in there already?

No, you're absolutely right, compared to Outlook (and from what you say
Outlook Express as well), Mozilla's filtering is pathetic.

Which is incredibly sad because OUTLOOK'S filtering is pathetic!

Regardless, before you switch, consider carefully the fact that
Mozilla's most ardent supporters use anything other than Mozilla for
email and news.