Matt Williams wrote:
> David, for those of us who are novice users what are the things you
> would like to see added/changed/fixed.

Various things. Some examples (please let me know if something requested
here is already in there!):

* General: better toolbar customizations
      The ability to add/remove any button/command
      Ability to turn off captions
      Ability to move around buttons in the toolbar
      Ability to move the whole toolbar. Perhaps even the menu
      and address field, like in IE?

* General: Ability to change keyboard shortcuts. This is something that
many programs lacks, including IE. If you use a particular feature
often, you should be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to it.

* Browser: Ability to change icons on bookmarks. For instance, a sun on
my local weather homepage. I don't see that option here, but maybe it's
in there already?

* Mail client: better filtering options.
      Forwarding
      Multiple actions (like forward message AND move it to folder)
      Coloring (color all love letters red! :) )

* Mail client: Option to use one single Inbox folder for all accounts
      I find it confusing to be able to click on different Inboxes just
      to read all new email. Of course, I could set up filtering rules to
      move all mail to one Inbox...

* Mail client: The default action when clicking on "Get Msgs" should be
to get ALL new messages, not just the highlighted account. If you only
want to download a particular account, click the little arrow. Right now
it's the opposite logic.

* Mail client: When loading the client, you can't click the "Get Msgs"
button. I'm sure the bug is already reported so I don't report it.

I could go on forever, but this is what I could think of right now. As
you might notice, I don't ask for better DOM compliance or for them to
fix security hole #513. I want the program to be as usable as possible,
so I can get rid of IE and OE. :)

> In the month I have been reading this newsgroup I have learned two
> things 1) lots of ways to be a better user and 2) just how little I knew
> prior to subscribing to the newsgroup . . . and I keep on learning.

This is one undoubted fact: Mozilla users are fare more advanced and
experienced than IE users. If everyone had the will to learn, we would
all be using Mozilla instead of IE. I'm slowly starting to inform my
friends that there is an alternative out there. As the development
progress, I'll be installing Mozilla on their machines too :)

/ David