Yes, it's obvious that Mozilla's aim is to make a near-perfect, secure
webpage renderer. Gecko is the heart of it all.

The problem is, too few real people are actually using Mozilla, so no
one knows just how many security holes there is in it (and I bet it's
*hundreds*, based on the the number of bugs reported every day). You
simply can't say that Mozilla is a good replacement for IE when it comes
to security. We simply don't know that yet.

And Mozilla _is_ far behind when it comes to speed and features.
Unfortunately, I cannot blame only them for the speed issues, since one
reason why it's slow is that it is not part of the Windows API. IE will
always be faster than its competitors. But Mozilla could at least have
better (and more) features than IE has. But it hasn't!

Right, Mozilla is the most standards compliant browser available to
date. But what about usability? Will mozilla ever be as user friendly
and customizable as IE?

Mozilla should add every little feature they can find in IE/OE, and make
sure they do it all better! If Outlook Express has more advanced
filtering options than project Mozilla, something is wrong.