> Frank:  if your point is that a compliant bitstream is generally not the
> best sounding one (where 'best' is defined by your taste), your point is
now
> well taken, and we can all read up on more effective interpolation schemes
> to our hearts' content.  If, however, your point is that Rob was wasting
his
> time by doing the compliance testing, your point is not well taken; many
> people on this list actually appreciate and encourage this sort of
selfless
> activity.  ISO 11172-4 may seem or even actually be stupid (it is from
ISO,
> after all), but it's what we have to work with, for better or worse.

I don't think that Frank was trying to reduce the value of Rob's test. He
just explained why this ISO compliance is not completely defining a standard
of quality.

Please let's try to stay gentle on this list, we're not on a vqf.com or
dmusic.com message board!
Another point about it is that in english, it seems that a lot of things
like "in my mind", "in my opinion",... must be used in order to not beeing
perceived as beeing rude, but it's less evident in other languages and not
necessary a reflex for non-english people writing in english.

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne - France
[EMAIL PROTECTED]