On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> So I hope we are not just looking at architecture differences
> between your core2 and that machine here.

There are architectural changes between the 65nm and 45nm Core2
processors, and the Xeon's tend to have much larger cache sizes so
that might be playing a role.

Brian, what are the specs for your Core 2 machine?  I will see if I
can find a Core2 machine that I can test both the Linux code and
Windows code on the same system.  I'm not sure where to grab the
mpirbench or the cycle test code, I don't seem to see it anywhere
obvious inside trunk/.

Jeff.