On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Cactus <rieman...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> My machine is a Dell M65 portable as follows:
>
> Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T7400 running at 2.16GHz
> Merom at 65nm, family 6, model F, stepping 6
>
> L1 2 x 32 KBytes data
> L1 2 x 3 2KBytes instructions
> L2 4096 KBytes

Hmm, a Mobile Core 2 might also contains some difference as well.
Here are the details of the 65nm and 45nm desktop Core2 versions I
have.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T)
Conroe at 65nm, family 6, model F, stepping 6
L1 Data 2 x 32 KBytes
L1 Instruc 2 x 32 KBytes
L2 4096 KBytes

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, EM64T)
Yorkfield at 45nm, family 6, model 7, stepping 7
L1 Data 4 x 32 KBytes
L1 Instruc 4 x 32 KBytes
L2 2 x 6144 KBytes

Major difference difference between 65nm and 45nm Core2 is the
addition of SSE4.1 instructions, plus I think they were able to
optimize some things to improve cycle times.

The FSB speeds are also different between Xeon, Desktop ,and
especially Mobile Core2's which would also have an impact on the
benchmark scores would it not?  Your mobile FSB is 667 MHz, the E6600
runs at 1066 MHz, and the Q9550 runs at 1333 MHz.

Jeff.