Hi Brian,

could you describe what we are looking at in that graph. What are the
machines 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order and what do the horizontal and
vertical axes stand for?

I'd be really surprised if there are any differences in the
instruction scheduling of your machine and the 65 nm machine (martinj)
though I can't prove it with an actual document.

There's lots online about how the jump from core duo to core 2 duo on
mobile platforms was not as great as for desktops. But the number
crunching abilities of the Core 2 duo mobile seem to be not in doubt.

If the issues are for very small sized integers, then I don't see a
hardware architectural reason for it.

Bill.