On Jan 9, 1:36 am, Cactus <rieman...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Originally you had many more symbol problems - how were these removed
> - does this give any clues about this final one?

What's the correct way to link with mpir.lib in Visual Studio?  The
readme.txt file doesn't say much except "add the MPIR and/or the
MPIR C++ static libraries to the application build process".  I added
mpirxx.lib and mpir.lib into my project's properties under Linker/
Input/Additional Dependencies, using direct paths to those two .lib
files.

I've created a minimal project triggering my problem, see below.

My minimal project links with the G3D graphics engine and with MPIR.
If I comment out the G3D lines, it builds.  If I comment out the GMP
lines, and also remove mpirxx.lib and mpir.lib from the project
settings, it builds.  (G3D uses header pragmas to specify the .lib
files meaning I never need any G3D .lib settings in my project.)

If I leave the minimal project as you see below, build fails with many
"already defined" errors from MSVCPRTD.LIB and an "unresolved external
symbol" related to locales.

Please help if you can!

// link.cpp

#include <G3D/G3DAll.h>