Hi Nicholas. I recently built MPIR, MPFR and MPC using Brian Gladmans Visual Studio 2008 projects for MPFR and MPC. I used the SVN for MPFR. I was successful in doing this and did one thing different from you. I put all of the projects in separate directories under the "Projects" directory of Visual Studio 2008. The name of the project directories were just "MPIR", "MPFR" and "MPC". I don't use Visual Studio 2008 much but think this may be the source of your problem.

Regards
Chris Saunders

From: Nicholas Kinar
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:12 PM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: Link error when attempting to interface to Matlab MEX on Mac OS X

Yes - see my page at:

http://gladman.plushost.co.uk/oldsite/computing/gmp4win.php

You need to obtain MPFR from their SVN repository as the release
version fails because it uses some obsolete symbols.

But I can advise you on all of this because I have all of these
packages working together.

Good luck - do feel feee to seek advice if you run into any problems.

  Brian

Hello Brian---

I downloaded the current version of MPIR (MPIR 2.0.0-rc3), and ran the "configure", "make", and "make check" batch files in the \mpir-2.0.0\build.vc9 directory. With Visual Studio 2008, these batch files created Release versions of the libraries in the mpir-2.0.0\build.vc9\lib\Win32\Release directory. Some warnings were emitted by the compiler, but everything compiled smoothly.

Next, I copied the contents of the mpir-2.0.0 directory to a new directory ("mpir"). I then created another directory ("mpfr") and downloaded your Visual Studio build files from http://gladman.plushost.co.uk/oldsite/computing/mpfr-2.4.1.vc9.zip into this directory as the "build.vc9" folder. I then pulled the MPFR trunk source into the "mpfr" folder using

svn checkout svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/mpfr/trunk mpfr

After pulling the MPFR trunk source, the folder hierarchy is as follows:

MPIR
   mpfr
       build.vc9
   mpir
       build.vc9

In other words, the top-level folder is "MPIR," and the "mpfr" and "mpir" folders are situated inside of the "MPIR" folder. Inside of each folder is a "build.vc9" folder.

I tried running the "lib_mpfr.sln" file inside of the "/mpfr/build.vc9" folder, but three fatal errors occurred:

1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\random2.c': No such file or directory 1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\random.c': No such file or directory 1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\get_patches.c': No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?  What else should I have done ?

Once again, many thanks for your help on getting started with this!

Nicholas