On Apr 10, 10:12 pm, Nicholas Kinar <n.ki...@usask.ca> wrote:
> > Yes - see my page at:
>
> >http://gladman.plushost.co.uk/oldsite/computing/gmp4win.php
>
> > You need to obtain MPFR from their SVN repository as the release
> > version fails because it uses some obsolete symbols.
>
> > But I can advise you on all of this because I have all of these
> > packages working together.
>
> > Good luck - do feel feee to seek advice if you run into any problems.
>
> >     Brian
>
> Hello Brian---
>
> I downloaded the current version of MPIR (MPIR 2.0.0-rc3), and ran the
> "configure", "make", and "make check" batch files in the
> \mpir-2.0.0\build.vc9 directory.  With Visual Studio 2008, these batch
> files created Release versions of the libraries in the
> mpir-2.0.0\build.vc9\lib\Win32\Release directory.  Some warnings were
> emitted by the compiler, but everything compiled smoothly.
>
> Next, I copied the contents of the mpir-2.0.0 directory to a new
> directory ("mpir").  I then created another directory ("mpfr") and
> downloaded your Visual Studio build files
> fromhttp://gladman.plushost.co.uk/oldsite/computing/mpfr-2.4.1.vc9.zipinto
> this directory as the "build.vc9" folder.  I then pulled the MPFR trunk
> source into the "mpfr" folder using
>
> svn checkout svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/mpfr/trunk mpfr
>
> After pulling the MPFR trunk source, the folder hierarchy is as follows:
>
> MPIR
>      mpfr
>          build.vc9
>      mpir
>          build.vc9
>
> In other words, the top-level folder is "MPIR," and the "mpfr" and
> "mpir" folders are situated inside of the "MPIR" folder.  Inside of each
> folder is a "build.vc9" folder.
>
> I tried running the "lib_mpfr.sln" file inside of the "/mpfr/build.vc9"
> folder, but three fatal errors occurred:
>
> 1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\random2.c': No
> such file or directory
> 1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\random.c': No
> such file or directory
> 1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
> '..\..\get_patches.c': No such file or directory
>
> What am I doing wrong?  What else should I have done ?
>
> Once again, many thanks for your help on getting started with this!

Hi Nicholas

Your directory layout is fine.

The problem you are seeing is caused because my project files on my
site are a bit out of date.

If you open the project in the iDE and remove the three files that are
causing these errors it might then be ok.

But if you can let me have a suitable email address, I can send you
updated project files that will work with the MPFR from SVN.