Actually I have just uploaded a ZIP file containing the MPFR build
files to the files area here (mpfr.build.vc9.zip).

Just subsitute the new build.vc9 directory and its contents for the
old one.

    Brian

Brian---

Thank you very much for uploading this file; this is greatly appreciated. I've downloaded your updated "mpfr.build.vc9.zip" from the Files section on Google Groups. Finally I am able to build the MPFR library over MPIR.

However, the build process ends with the following cryptic warnings:

1>Creating library...
1>Replacing .\Win32\Release\mp_clz_tab.obj
1>Replacing .\Win32\Release\version.obj
1>volatile.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>set_uj.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>set_sj.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>set_d64.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>logging.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>get_uj.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>get_sj.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>get_d64.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>fits_uintmax.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible 1>fits_intmax.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
1>Performing Post-Build Event...
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\Programs\common\MPIR\mpfr\build.vc9\lib_mpfr\Win32\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>lib_mpfr - 0 error(s), 118 warning(s)

Using the Python script that you provide (run_lib_tests.py), I run some tests on the static library, finding that:

157 tests:
        2 failed to build
        118 ran correctly
        37 failed
.. completed - press ENTER

What am I doing wrong here? Perhaps the DLL files would work much better than the static libraries? I try to build a DLL of the MPIR library using

configure --enable-shared
make

But the build process fails with the following warning:

Linking...
Creating library Win32\Release\mpir.lib and object Win32\Release\mpir.exp logops_n.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _call referenced in fun
ction _func
Win32\Release\mpir.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Would it be possible to obtain a zip file with the MPIR and MPFR libraries and the associated Visual Studio build files? I still think that perhaps I am not configuring things properly.

If space is an issue with the Google Groups file section, then perhaps it would be possible to post this zip file on your website, the FTP site for MPIR or even on the http://drop.io/ file sharing space. The drop.io service provides up to 100MB of free space.

Nicholas